Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer officially begins...

Today marks our official begin to Summer Vacation! Drew & Autumn have done with preschool since May 15th but Alex finished Kindergarten today and is now a 1st grader! I am not the emotional type mom to get gooey about something like that, but today I did! My kids are growing up too fast!

Here are some pictures from the first days of school and the last...







Today was productive. It started with dropping Alex off for his last day of Kindergarten! Then I dropped Drew & Autumn off at my sisters so I could go bathing suit shopping...not fun! I have been looking for a new bathing suit for a couple weeks now. It hit me that the 12 pounds I have gained doesn't look so good in my bathing suit. I can admit that last summer I needed to gain a few, but I don't want all of it. I am working out daily and trying to eat better too! The other day Craig and I were running some errands and my bathing suit shopping began...very depressing. I came home and found a few cute ones on the internet but decided I wouldn't get in time for our upcoming family vacation and if I did get it, it might not even look good. So, my sister was gracious enough to watch the little ones while I went out again...I found one and at Meijers of all places! I also found a cute one at Target but decided I liked the other one better! I feel better now just knowing I have something descent to where. After my shopping spree I went back to the school to pick up Alex. He was excited. Got his report card from Mr. Lloyd, took their picture together and that was it...he is now a first grader! I can't believe it!

To celebrate the end of the school year and beginning of summer, I took the kids to the Plymouth Spray Park...boy was it busy! There were people everywhere but the kids had a blast. Alex's friend Andrew and his mom Robin and brother Kevin went with us and we enjoyed our time together!

I am exhausted and can't wait for bedtime tonight. The kids are pretty tired too and will be going to bed real soon!

1 comment:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

They grow up so darn fast, don't they!?! You have a beautiful family.