Monday, September 13, 2010

1st Day of School & Fall Sports begin...

School started over a week ago and so did fall sports...

This is the first time I have really had time to sit down and blog. Our first day of school is great! the kids were up early and excited to get ready for their first day. Craig was out of town Monday night to Tuesday morning and was supposed to get home AFTER I left to take the kids....which means Levi was going with me! We took our pictures by the fireplace and started to load the mommy bus (our minivan) and Craig pulled up. I was so thankful...he kept Levi and I could concentrate more on the kids and making their day special. We got to school and walked Alex to his locker at Mrs. Freels class. Next we walked Autumn to Mrs. Hagerty's class and finally Drew to Ms. Isaac's class. All 3 kids were happy about their teachers and had a few friends in their class from last year. A great start to the new year.

After I got the kids settled, I went to Katie Swaggerty's house...her oldest Ethan was starting at Hardy (our school) this year in Kindergarten. I watched Katie's other two boys (Luke & Malachi) while she took Ethan up to school to meet Mrs. Thomas (Drew's teacher last year who we really loved)! I had so much fun with the boys and was again thankful Craig had Levi with him at home. Luke, Malachi and I were playing Candy Land, reading books, and playing with their trains. Once Katie got home I left to go pick up Levi and head back to school for the noon pick up. The kids were all smiling when I picked them up excited to tell me about their first day. We had to take turns talking!! We went to Wendy's with Lisa McCormick and her kids and got a yummy lunch to celebrate! Craig made our favorite Homemade Chicken Nuggets for dinner, I went through all the paperwork the kids brought home and it was a GREAT day/evening!

Now a week later...the kids are still LOVING school and I am so thankful for that. I am enjoying my time with Levi and Craig when he is home. We are in the full swing of baseball for Alex and soccer for Drew. Autumn's Daisy Troop will be starting later this month.

I LOVE fall season!!!

Pictures...

Kids first day of School! So excited!
Alex - 3rd grade; Drew & Autumn - 1st grade!

Levi...Go Blue! & a day out with mom & dad!
Drew & his friend Jessi at soccer! Alex at baseball!












No comments: