Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trust God...

My pastor today shared a great message about TRUSTING GOD! He used a lot of great scriptures that I have known for a long time growing up in the church. They had new meaning for me today and that is what I love about church and the scriptures...you can never stop learning and growing!

Proverbs 3:5-6 TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart and LEAN NOT on your OWN understanding; in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM, and he will make your paths straight.

He talked about how God teaches us to trust in Him when we come to the end of our rope! Last night as I laid down to bed, I sure did feel like I was at the end of my rope when it comes to my kids and their obedience and respect to me as their mom. I prayed about it and really felt like God was going to help me through this and really help me to teach my kids.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who HOPE in the LORD will RENEW their STRENGTH. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and NOT grow WEARY, they will walk and not be faint.

There was a lot more to the message, but the last part of the message was a challenge or question to think about...

Which one of MY ways might I be "holding" back from acknowledging God?

I am still thinking about this one...I know there are a lot of areas in my life that I try to control or take care of on my own...but I NEED God to give me that strength and I NEED to TRUST HIM more and more each day!

No comments: