Saturday, July 26, 2008

what to do????

I just don't know what to do anymore....

My kids can't get along for 5 minutes of the day. They fight, hurt, tease, and nag each other constantly. I know I NEED to do something about it and I just don't know what to do. I have read so many books on parenting and discipline. I have talked to many friends about this very issue. I guess it boils down to being scared of failing...of not staying consistent (like I know I need to). I want them to listen and obey and treat each other with love and respect. It is so hard...I have yelled most of the day at them. Thank goodness my parents came over for a few hours to visit because I was losing my mind. Of course they were pretty good while they were here. As soon as they left I took the kids to pick out a 99 cent movie at Blockbuster and we got some things for dinner and ice cream for dessert. We got home and of course they started fighting again. Before bed I blew up at them once again because they were fighting during teeth brushing...we do that every night, you would think they would have the system down by now. I tucked them each in and told them tomorrow is a new day and we are making changes around here....I am determined to make those changes and stick to them.........I think for so long I told myself not to be too hard on them, they've been through a lot with the divorce and my 2nd marriage...no more excuses. I need to discipline them because I love them and want the best for them. Don't get me wrong here...I do discipline. It's just not consistent and obviously not working. Ahhhhh....

Off to bed I go to pray and read my Bible and figure some things out!

No comments: