Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 25, 2011

Had a quiet day at home with Craig and Levi. Got some rest and some laundry done. Even made a run to Kroger for groceries! I've been fighting a head cold and didn't want to do anything, but was glad I pushed through and got the stuff done while Craig was home to take care of Levi.

On the way home from picking up the kids from school I asked them what game they wanted to play, gave instructions on what needed to happen once we got in the door (backpacks, lunch bags, homework folders, etc...). I really struggle with the whole homework thing! Thank God my kids don't get much homework each night, but the do all have to spend some time reading. I feel like the evenings go by so fast and a lot of the nights I am just too tired to deal with it all. With Levi, dinner, dishes, getting ready for the next school day, showers, baths, etc...it can be overwhelming. Since Craig was home I decided to take the time to really spend some quality time with the 3 older kids. Alex got the Sorry game ready, I put a log in the fireplace and we all sat around playing the game while Craig graciously made dinner (spaghetti...yum)!! It was a special time for us and so easy when Levi was still napping! After the game we had some time to read so each one of the read to me by the fire. That one on one time is so important...I've known that for a long time, just didn't always take the time to do it. It isn't always possible when Craig is traveling, but I am going to make a HUGE effort in taking at least 15 minutes for each Alex, Drew & Autumn!!!

Going to bed early in hopes that I get a good night sleep tonight. Levi has been waking up in the night the last few nights and staying awake for almost 2 hours crying. Poor kid. Teething is NOT fun!!!

No comments: