Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26, 2011

Another busy day for me...

Got up to get the kids ready to school and wasn't sure if I would go to my Bible Study (Coffee Break at Fellowship Church in South Lyon). It's a great study and I LOVE the Moms in the group. I dropped off the kids at school and decided if I got home quick I could take a shower and still make in time for the 10am study. I was SO glad I went. I spent some time with my friend Lisa running some errands and the rest of the afternoon with Craig and Levi...great day overall!

LEVI...I have been trying for MONTHS to get Levi to use sign language to say "Please". He would always just look at me or whine to get what he wanted. Today Craig was on the phone with his brother and talking about Girl Scout COOKIES. Levi heard that word and went to the gate asking for a cookie. When we didn't respond cause we didn't really know what he wanted...he came over to me on the couch and did the "Please" sign!!! My heart melted and I realized what he was asking for...of course we gave him a cookie! Later on this evening he heard the kids asking for dessert and a cookie and did the same thing to Craig...so cute! He finally gets it!!! OR he is figuring out we melt when he does those new things!!!

I LOVE being a mom!! Greatest, but hardest job there is. I read this quote from Charles Swindoll in my Bible Study book today (Training Up A Mom By Vollie Sanders)...

"There is no more influential or powerful role on earth that a mother's. As significant as political, military, educational, or religious figures may be, none can compare to the impact made by mothers. Their words are never fully forgotten, their touch leaves an indelible impression, and the memory of their presence lasts a lifetime."

Wow...that is a LOT to take in.

No comments: