Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2-15-2011

It's Tuesday...only 3 more days and we are on our way to Florida! Can't wait to feel the hot sun and not worry about bundling everyone up just to go outside! Usually by now I have everything packed and thought out...not so much this year. I don't know why I'm leaving it to the last minute, but we'll see how it goes! This year the weather is supposed to be in the mid to high 70's with maybe a few days in the 80's!!! Just what the doctor ordered! I've been working on some sort of point system for the kids to make our trip to Florida (20 hours in the car) a little fun and rewarding! For every hour they behave and get along with one another they can earn 100 points! There will be rewards set up for 200 points, 500 points and so on! I don't have all the rewards planned out...still working on that! I ordered a Kids Road Atlas and a couple other traveling books that will hopefully help entertain them. A friend of mine mentioned having some colored pipe cleaners handy in the car as something the kids can do to be creative...what a great idea! I can already picture the crazy, fun things the kids will make out of them! Another item for my list of things to pick up before Friday :)

Yesterday Craig took Levi and I to Bahama Breeze for lunch! Yummy! The kids had fun at their Valentines parties at school and we had a quiet evening at home together as a family! I love those quiet evenings...

Drew & Autumn both have 100 day of school projects to do so we got creative and came up with some fun ideas...pictures to come! Drew took a square lego board and we took 100 little legos and spelled out "100"! It was my idea and he really resisted at first. I decided to start building it and see what he thought. Once he saw how cool it was going to be he got excited and finished it up! Autumn wanted to do Legos too, but I told her we could come up with something better that suited her better. I picked up a big white poster board and we laid out pink heart shaped marshmellows to spell "Autumn"! Looks so cute! Now just hoping the glue will hold them on the board!!! I have never been a crafty mom, but always wanted to be...if that even makes sense. I don't like the mess and clean up, but I love to see my kids as they are working hard on projects and the finished project is always so fun to see!

This post is all over the place...just some random things I'm doing and thinkin about this week!!!

No comments: