Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

Monday...

We had another busy weekend...last Friday I drove down to Perrysburg, OH to visit my sis-in-law and the boys and pick up my computer that my brother was working on. He cleaned it all up for me and it's working great...thanks Chris! Levi had fun visiting with his cousins and I enjoyed my time with Mandy. Levi slept all the way home. He got home around 2:00 and had no power at the house. We already had plans to go to Ellen's in the evening for small group so I packed up some clothes and our pillows in case we had to stay the night. Picked up the kids from school and they said school was without power the last hour too. We got over to Ellen's and I got a text from a neighbor saying power was back on! We ended up staying at small group pretty late...kids in bed by 10:30pm.

Saturday was a stay home day around here...we all slept in and got to work cleaning up the house. I started in the living room and told the kids to work in their rooms. Next thing you know, we were cleaning out and rearranging both big kid rooms. It was fun, but a lot of work. The kids were excited for bed that night in their "new" rooms! We got another 3 inches of snow so once the kids went to bed I headed outside to shovel it off the driveway.

Sunday was a another great day! We went to church at Walled Lake Central and Autumn's friend Melissa came home with us to play for the afternoon. They had fun dancing, playing dolls, and putting on make-up. Melissa's favorite part was playing with Levi! We drove Melissa home around 5pm and headed to Ellen's for a Super Bowl Dinner and a little bit of the game! We got home after half time and Craig was home.

Today the kids had school and Craig, Levi & I just hung out at home. It was nice to do nothing! We've been trying to plan our April vacation to Florida. There are lots of people to see while we're there, but since it's Craig's vacation week we really wanted a nice, fun place to stay. We went onto www.vrbo.com and found a great house to rent right outside of Orlando. 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath house with a private pool in the backyard and a clubhouse with pool, gym, video game room...it's going to be great! Can't wait!!!

BUT first things first...I have a busy week ahead...Bible study tomorrow, Thirty One party on Thursday night, Girl Scout Cookie Pickup on Friday, then packing, packing, packing for our trip to Florida next Friday! I am ready for some sunshine and warm weather!!!

No comments: