Friday, May 23, 2008

Friends and Family!

It's Friday afternoon and the kids have been playing so nicely outside (ok, not so nice but pretty good for the most part)! I have the windows open and I can hear them outside with their friends. It started this morning with the neighbor boys outside so Alex & Drew HAD to go out! Autumn got out her bike and was riding around all alone...

I called Ellen and told her we would love to have Hannah come over to play for the afternoon. Autumn was so excited! They got out the food, dishes, dolls, baby high chair and had some fun outside in the playhouse!

I have been working really hard the past week to KEEP my house clean. I am still going through and getting rid of stuff which continues to feel good! Doesn't matter what I do, the kids come around and mess things up. It does feel good to walk around most of the house and have it clean. I could invite someone over and not have to make excuses about my messy house! It's an accomplishment...as I sit here RIGHT NOW typing this, in come the kids and off go their shoes in the middle of the room instead of in their individual tubs by the door...oh well! They are having fun!


Drew decided to bring his flower pot from school inside so he could water his grass! A few minutes later he came out to tell me that the pot of soil and grass spilled all over the bathroom sink!


I cleaned it up and all is good...he had fun making a mess and doing something responsible (watering his grass) :)


I am looking for the balance of loving my house being clean and staying on top of it and letting loose a little and having some fun...

any suggestions???

1 comment:

perfectly p said...

It feels strange to "talk" to someone I have never met, but I guess that's one reason people blog. I wonder the same thing too, how to keep a clean house and happy kids at the same time. I don't want to go around nagging them, but I do love a clean house. Maybe the only solution is for us to rent an apartment with a no kids allowed policy.