Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A great weekend...

We had an action packed weekend...the weather was beautiful and we managed to attend 4 BBQ's in just 3 days!

Saturday Ellen & I took my mom to "The Tea Room" in Highland for her Mother's Day gift! It's a beautiful and quiet restaurant that we get to enjoy a couple times a year when we can sneak away. My dad (papa) and Uncle Robby watched the 6 kids. By the time we got back, the kids were running through the sprinklers (in their clothes)

A couple hours later our Small Group met at Ellen's for a BBQ...8 adults & 10 kids running around. The guys tried setting up the NEW trampoline, but Lisa had to help with reading of the directions to get it done right! The kids were worn out and ready for a good nights sleep for sure!

Sunday we got up and went to church then went back to Ellen's for a family BBQ! Rob grilled our favorite Chicken Kabobs with yummy veggies! Plus we had corn on the cob, macaroni salad, Ellen's special baked beans, and strawberry shortcake for dessert! My dad and Rob put the finishing touches on the trampoline and we had fun jumping!

Then it was off to Bella's house. Bella is a friend from 8th grade! We stayed in touch pretty much through the years, but got closer when we had our boys just a month apart. We try to get together every few months to catch up and hang out. We had more good food and played for a few hours.
The 5 kids (Alex, Autumn, Drew, Fernando & Antonio)

Monday the kids and I got up and I decided to paint our bedroom. Craig left on Sunday morning for a trip and isn't due back until Wednesday night...plenty of time to do a little project! The kids and loaded up and went to Lowe's, bought the paint and primer, went home and while the kids played right out back in the sprinkler, I started priming the walls! A few hours later we were all outside playing with the neighbors and they put hot dogs and burgers on the grill for all of us...another day of grilling fun! Michael & Katherine are great neighbors! They always look out for me and the kids...especially when I was doing the single mom thing and now when Craig is out of town. We came back home, gave the kids a bath, put them to bed and I ended up painting until 11:30pm...BUT it looks great!

A busy weekend that is for sure, but we had great fellowship with friends, family, and neighbors! I am so thankful for the people in my life...I don't know what I would do with a long weekend without so many places to visit and people to see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! sounds like you guys had fun! :)

Mary Beth said...

you came to Highland and didn't call me!!!??? That is SO close to my house.

Traci said...

Kara, Welcome to blogger land. Found you on Marybeth's blog. Mine is bendelefam.blogspot.com head on over. BTW...you bedroom looks just like mine, the walls anyway. I have been aching to paint, no time. Nice to catch up eith you again. MISS YOU!!!!