Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Proud Mom...

What a great day...it was busy with running here and there like most days in this house....BUT it was great! It started with the twins Mother's Day Tea at Preschool! I was the helper mom but all the moms came back at 10:30am for a special treat and gifts. Drew & Autumn had made plates for me with their hand prints on them. I have Alex's from when he was in that class a few years back...so precious! Autumn, my little writer, wrote every ones name all over hers! The day ended with Alex's Kindergarten Spring Concert! He was great! Nana was there with me, Drew, Autumn, their dad (Jim) and grandma Neville (Lou)! All 4 classes were together on risers and they sang 8 songs!

Being a mom is so hard and so rewarding at the same time! I was so proud of Alex up on that stage singing with everyone tonight. He is growing up so fast. At the same time I have really been pondering about discipline (and the lack of it in this house)...things need to change. I have been reading that book by Dr. Leman but I haven't yet put things into place. I keep putting it off and I know I shouldn't. Maybe I'm too tired all the time to think about implementing anything new and having the hard times that come before the change around :)

At church (Orchard Grove Community Church in Walled Lake, MI) Pastor Chris started a new series: Life for Dummies. It is a series out of Proverbs. He is talking each week but challenged everyone to read one chapter a day in Proverbs. The chapter that collates with the day of the month (today was the 13th)! I have attempted this method of Bible reading many times before...this time I will succeed. This morning I was reading and what was there in front of me...discipline! I already knew this, BUT God wanted to gently remind me...my kids are my responsibility. I see so many kids running around and I think to myself, "I don't want my kid to turn out like that." Well...this is my job and I guess sometimes I think that they are still young...but this is the time to let them know who is in charge and what morals and standards this family should have. I want my kids to be the leaders, not the followers at school. I want them to be respectful of everyone around them. I want them to show God's love to everyone around them. I want so much, yet I am not doing what I know I should be doing on a daily basis. It is time to start now and time to teach them while they are young and little sponges. I will be doing a refresher on my book and implementing the ideas ASAP!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Good post, Girl.

AND welcome to the BLOG world. I didn't know you had started one here.

I love your layout. Wanna help me change mine. It is so boring.

I NEED you.

AND I am proud of you for being real and open. We can all relate.
Love you and miss you.

Still have to meet that man of yours!