Monday, May 12, 2008

A great weekend...

I had a great weekend...so much to be thankful for!

Friday the kids and I took Grandma Neville out for her birthday! First we stopped to get her some flowers and we went to her work. We went to Rebecca's in downtown Northville...very good and highly recommended! After lunch we went to the nearby park for a little while. When we got home there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me from Craig (and the kids)! The kids played outside a lot on Friday. They love riding their bikes and just being outside!

Saturday morning we all got up and had breakfast then got ready for a big day out! Craig took the boys to see "Speedracer" and Autumn and mommy went to the mall! I had a return to make and then we walked around and just enjoyed some time together. She wanted to bring her cute little purse with her to be like mommy! After some time at the mall we went to pick up the boys from the movie and headed home. Drew & Autumn needed a nap because they were tired from Friday and I knew we would have a long day Sunday. Nap time was nice and quiet! I ran out to Target and believe it or not, came home with NOTHING. I didn't spend one penny in Target! They just didn't have what I was looking for and I was disciplined enough not to go to other areas of the store. We ended Saturday night with the kids being silly, taking a bath, and some ice cream!

Sunday I was the first one awake. I had gotten some Monkey Bread from the freezer section of Wal-Mart and we tried it...it was a hit! 20 minutes in the oven and yummy it was! The kids loved it! We went to church and it was great! After church everyone headed over to my parents house for some great food and fun! We celebrated Josh & Emily's birthday's too! It was a nice day with family!

Today it is...back to the grind. I am still working on getting this house cleaned out! I finally went through Autumn's closet. Every season I had been putting the clothes she didn't fit in anymore in a pile in her closet. I got them all out today and went through them. Some of them were 18-24 months...I know that is a long time ago. My little girl is 4 1/2 years old now. Just something I kept putting off! Alex is at school, Drew & Autumn are playing "Camp Out" in the Living Room, and Craig is sleeping in the bedroom (he worked all night and needs to catch up on sleep)! Time to get moving on another room in the house...motivation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great weekend! :)